As 2014 dwindled, I got a mail from one of my colleagues (Yinka) and it so much touched me that i promised to post it here. It will help you in this new year. Try them out and see a better you.
Dear loved one,
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Drink plenty of water every day to detoxify your body.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar so you can be here for long.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less of manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s – You must keep your Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Make time to pray, you need divine strength everyday of your life.
- Play games to challenge your brain and keep it young all the time.
- Read more books to keep pace with your personal development drive.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day for deep, reflective and focused thinking.
- Sleep for at least 6 hours daily so you can keep your energy level at pace.
- Take a 30-45 minutes’ walk daily. And while you walk, wear a smile to relax.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea of what their purpose is.
- Don’t develop negative thoughts on things you cannot control i.e. the weather elements rather invest your energy in things that are in your reach i.e. your moods.
- Don’t live overboard. Live within your strength; develop your capacity to overshadow your limitations.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. Relax deadlines are set by people but achieve your goals.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip or backbiting so you won’t be laid back..
- Dream more while you are awake and put your thoughts in concrete plans with actions.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. The grass is not greener on the other side. You are gifted for your assignment.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind people about the mistakes of their past that will ruin their present happiness. The past is always what it is – the past!
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others. Live in forgiveness. You owe everyone your love and forgiveness because you are not perfect.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t always show up in your present. Don’t cover it any further; confront it to enjoy true freedom; no one is in charge of your happiness except YOU!
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appears and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. Laugh at your mistakes and refuel to face your future.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. Life is about win-win experiences.
- Call your family often. You don’t have a space that can’t be occupied by your loved ones!
- Each day give something good to others. Make people around you feel great about their lives.
- Forgive everyone for everything even when they are unlovable and unforgiveable in your own estimations. Opinions are cheap but convictions are rare.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6 years so you can understand the dynamics of life.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Your job/business won’t take care of you when you are down. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Always desire to do the right thing, without any compromise!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful in your life; don’t waste your time and opportunities.
- GOD can heal everything, especially the so called hopeless situations of our lives.
- However good or bad a situation is; it will come to pass. It has definitely not come to stay.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. Consistency is the rule of life.
- The best is yet to come. Always develop a good expectation of a favorable outcome.
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD because Life itself is a gift! Be joyful!
Culled from Ayo Daniels’ e-votional.
Enjpy the new year